In a nutshell, this is what you need to know:
- We support invoice payments via wire, SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit or a credit/debit card.
- The total cost of employment (TCE) and our fee will be issued on the 1st working day of the month. You will be billed in the local currency agreed in your MSA. For more info, visit
- Global Employment
- For employers
- What payment methods are available?
- Why am I being asked to set up a payment method?
- Why can't I see ACH Direct Debit or SEPA Direct Debit as an option for me?
- When will I be charged?
- When will invoice payments be automated?
- Are there any additional payment fees?
- What currency will I be billed in?
- Can I change my billing currency?
- How about conversion rates?
- What should I expect on an employee's first invoice?
- Will the employee get paid even though my invoice has not been issued yet?
- For employees
- How will I get my salary?
- What currency will I receive my salary in?
- When will I get my salary?
- Why is my salary payment in the name of Remote?
- Do you want to know more?
What payment methods are available?
We currently support wire transfers and direct debits on the Remote platform via SEPA, ACH and all major credit/debit cards.
Why am I being asked to set up a payment method?
We've made it easier for you to make payment for your invoices by introducing additional payment methods like SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, and all major credit/debit cards.
By setting up a payment method, you're able to seamlessly get payments to us at Remote and we receive it much quicker than wire transfers.
Why can't I see ACH Direct Debit or SEPA Direct Debit as an option for me?
You should typically be able to see either of the two and the one you see depends on your billing currency. If your billing currency is USD, you will have the option to set up ACH direct debit or your credit/debit card. If your billing currency is in EUR, you will have the option to set up SEPA direct debit or your credit/debit card.
When will I be charged?
We will issue your invoice in the 1st week of a new month. Currently, if you've set up a payment method on the platform, you will not be charged automatically and will need to approve this payment on the platform before you're charged.
When will invoice payments be automated?
Very soon! We are working hard to automate the payment of invoices and we will let you know when this is live.
Are there any additional payment fees?
We do not charge payment fees for invoice payments on most payment methods. Credit card payments are charged a flat 3% to help cover processing fees, but all other payment methods are free. Please note, your bank or payment processor may charge for processing but Remote will not.
What currency will I be billed in?
You will select the billing currency during registration in Remote and will agree to it in the MSA. We handle everything related to converting to the local currency of your employee.
These are the billing currencies we support:
|Currency Name||Currency Code|
United States Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Can I change my billing currency?
Yes, it is possible to change your billing currency, but this will require an MSA amendment. To do this, please reach out to your assigned CSM or email@example.com to kickstart the process.
How about conversion rates?
We use the mid-market rate at the time of billing. This will be reflected in the invoice and present on the 1st page. It won't impact the employee's salary. It will always be the same amount on their side.
What should I expect on an employee's first invoice?
A new employee's first invoice will typically contain: Base salary + Benefits (if any) + Bonus (if any) + One Time Upfront Charge Deposit (this is 10% of their yearly salary and is refundable at the end of the employee's contract) + Social contributions + Remote's Management fee.
Will the employee get paid even though my invoice has not been issued yet?
Invoicing and Payroll are two separate processes at Remote to ensure a seamless employee experience. Depending on the employee's start date, they may receive their first pay before your first invoice is issued. In this case, you can rest assured that the employee will still be paid. We anticipate the first invoice payment in good faith.
How will I get my salary?
We use local bank transfers when possible to transfer your salary to you. If local bank transfers are not available to us in your country and your local currency, you will receive your salary via international wire transfer (SWIFT).
In general, the following applies:
- If your local currency is Euro (EUR) and your bank account has access to SEPA, you will receive it via SEPA.
- If your local currency is any other than Euro, you will receive your salary via local bank transfer or international wire transfer (SWIFT).
- If your local currency is US Dollar (USD), you will receive it via US domestic wire transfer or ACH.
What currency will I receive my salary in?
You will receive your salary in the local currency that your contract is denominated in.
When will I get my salary?
We process bank transfers for salaries on the last business day of each month. You are guaranteed to receive your salary on or before the last working day of the month.
Why is my salary payment in the name of Remote?
Remote will be your local legal employer. It will be the name appearing in your payout details because we are your employer of record, and therefore every salary payment will be made by us.
Do you want to know more?
Want to learn more about employing with Remote? Speak to our team today: https://remote.com/contact-us