As an employee, once you've completed your onboarding, you will receive a welcome email from ThanksBen to create an account within the first week of your start date.
See also: What is ThanksBen?
- Sign-up email from ThanksBen: The email could end up in your spam, so it's important to check there as well. Once you've been given the opportunity to enroll in the plan, there is a 30-day enrollment window. Once this has passed, you can no longer enroll until the group renews (in May of the following year). This is a requirement to avoid people from subscribing to the coverage only when they plan to use it.
- Remote does a bulk upload of new joiners’ information into the ThanksBen platform every Wednesday. This means if someone joins on Thursday, we will send the email by the following Thursday.
- They can start using the insurance from the date of joining Remote (start date).
- Sign-up email from Allianz: After enrolling on the ThanksBen platform, it may take several weeks for the employee to receive the welcome email from Allianz. Once the enrollment process between Remote, ThanksBen and Allianz is complete, the employee will receive a confirmation email from Allianz with their Allianz login set up.
- Allianz enrollment confirmation: The Allianz enrollment confirmation may not come through for 4-8 weeks. However, employees are entitled to use their health insurance retroactively to their employment start date.
- If you need to contact Allianz directly, please have the group name (Remote), your name and date of birth ready so the Allianz team can assist you.
See also: Can an employee add dependents to their Allianz benefits plan?
Once an employee is enrolled in any of the Allianz benefits plans, they cannot modify their selection for one year or until the renewal date of the contract.
Post Enrollment Support
After signing up on ThanksBen, you can access their Support Center if you need assistance with any treatment. If you need treatment before you're on the Allianz system, you can contact ThanksBen team directly (and arrange it through them) through the chat function on their Support Center. They are really helpful and their response time is super quick!
Article is closed for comments.