Yes, in the Czech Republic, employees are required to have a probation period included in their employment agreement. Here's how the probation period in the Czech Republic works:
- For non-managerial employees, the probationary period may not exceed three consecutive months from their start date.
- For managerial employees, the probationary period may not exceed six consecutive months from their start date.
- For employees on a fixed-term contract, the agreed probationary period must not be longer than half of the agreed term of the employment relationship.
- A probationary period can only be agreed upon on or before an employee starts work or the date specified as the date of appointment to a managerial position.
- An agreed probationary period cannot be extended subsequently.
Article is closed for comments.