In onboarding employees in Latin America, you need to be aware of the following limitations:
- The onboarding payroll cutoff for all Latin America countries (except Mexico) is the 15th of the month. The onboarding payroll cutoff in Mexico is the 20th of the month. This means that as a new employee, you will receive your first salary in the same month you start work only if you are fully onboarded (your employment status is active in Remote platform) by the payroll cutoff.
- If an employee is not onboarded before the payroll cutoff, their start date will need to be pushed to the 1st business day of the following month.
- While an employee can start on any day of the month, they must be onboarded before the payroll cutoff. If not, their start date will be pushed to the following month.
- When it comes to onboarding in Latin America, we cannot offer off cycle payments because to remain compliant, an employee must receive a salary in the same month they start work.
- When adding an employee, it's important to take the minimum onboarding timeline into account to determine if they will probably be fully onboarded by the payroll cutoff.