With Custom Roles, company user can precisely control who approves and pays contractor invoices. To set this up;
- Click +Add new in the top right corner → select Role
- Type a name and a brief description of the role, e.g:
- Under Information Access, select:
- Everyone if you want this new role to be able to approve all contractor invoices.
- Direct reports only if you want this new role to only approve invoices of specific contractors.
- Scroll down to 3️⃣ Permissions → Contractors. To allow this role to approve and pay contractor invoices VIEW and EDIT permissions need to be checked for Contractor Invoices:
- Select any other applicable/relevant permissions - eg if you want this role to be able to schedule invoices on behalf of contractors, check VIEW and EDIT permissions for Scheduled Invoices.
See also: How to Assign Direct Reports and Control Which Contractor Invoices Managers Can Approve
- Click Manage members at the bottom of the page to add employee(s) who should have the above permissions to this role.
You can also add these new permissions to an already existing role by going to Users and Permissions → Roles → selecting the role → Edit permissions and proceeding through steps 4-7.