At Remote, we currently support contractor payouts in multiple currencies and countries. We understand it can be frustrating if your preferred currency is not on this list, but there is a temporary solution as we work towards supporting more currencies around the world.
This article will address how to create a bank account on Wise for a Remote supported country. It is not mandatory to use Wise but it can help when your bank account country isn’t supported.
Opening a virtual currency account through Wise
When you open a balance on Wise, this allows you to receive and hold funds in your desired currency.
See also: How do I get account details?
To set up your bank account on Wise:
- Log into the Wise website
- On the homepage, click on
Open a balance
- Choose your desired currency
- Once this is created, you will be able to get the account details for the balance you've opened
- The bank account details can then be added to your Remote profile like you would with a normal bank account.