If you have created a Remote account, it may be possible to delete your account and data only under the following circumstances:
- If you've created an account but haven't invited any employees or contractors yet.
- You've created an account, invited employees or contractors and neither have ever logged into Remote.
Note: As an employee or contractor, if you want to delete your account, please reach out to us and include your full name, the email address associated with your Remote account and the name of the company you're associated with in order to smooth processing.
What if the employee/contractor has already created an account on Remote?
In this case, if you did not proceed with hiring this employee and the contractor never submitted an invoice then we can perform a soft delete which will restrict their access and the processing of their information on Remote. We do this because we rely on our right to hold personal data about employees and contractors for legal protection purposes. We will erase the said information within six calendar months from when the request is made.
What if the employee has been hired or the contractor's invoice has been processed in the past?
In this case, we will not be able to delete all their data because, in order to hold the personal data, we rely on our:
- compliance obligations in the field of tax and labor law;
- contractual commitments towards employees (where applicable); and
- right to hold personal data about employees and contractors for legal protection purposes.
We can instead archive the employee's/contractor's profile which can restrict the processing of the said information on our platform and eventually, we will erase the data in line with the relevant statutory requirements in the jurisdiction of the employee or contractor.
NOTE: You can reach out to our team via email at email@example.com or directly on the Remote platform via the web widget on the bottom left corner.
Article is closed for comments.