Once the integration is activated, you can automatically import new employees from BambooHR into Remote with just a few clicks!
(How to import new employees — 1:34-3:48)
Here's how to get started:
- Log into your BambooHR account and create your new employee in BambooHR just as you normally would. From the new hire’s Job tab in BambooHR, set the Pay Group field by selecting Remote and save your changes.
- Please note, if this is your first time using the integration you may need to add Remote to the Pay Group field options from the Settings > Employee Fields section within BambooHR.
- Setting Remote as the new hire’s Pay Group will create a profile for the new employee in Remote. The information transferred from BambooHR will include the employee’s: Name, Start Date, Job Title, and Email.
- If a Home Email exists in BambooHR, Remote will use this email address by default. If the Home Email doesn’t exist in BambooHR, Remote will use the Work Email provided. We strongly recommend adding a Home Email in BambooHR to avoid any onboarding communications going to the employee’s work email address before they have access to their company email account.
- You must use a unique email address. The email address cannot already be associated with an existing user in Remote.
- Data changes may take up to an hour to sync from BambooHR to Remote. If you wish to force the data to sync immediately, go to the Integrations tab in Remote, select the BambooHR card, and manually click the
Sync databutton. The manual sync data button may take up to one minute to complete the sync.
- To view the new employee’s profile in Remote, go to the Onboarding section. From here, you will be able to search for the new hire and finish the remaining steps in the onboarding process within Remote. Please note, the employee will not receive an invitation to onboard in Remote until you complete these remaining steps.
- The employee’s information carried over from BambooHR (name, start date, job title, and email) will be automatically populated into the onboarding forms to save you time and prevent potential errors from manual entry.