Can I ask my employer to consider a loss against my salary income while computing the TDS on my salary?

Article author
  • Updated

​​​If your income is negative as a result of renting a house your employer can consider while computing the TDS on your salary to the extent of Rs. 2 lakhs. However, losses other than losses under the head "Income from house property" cannot be set off while determining the TDS from salary.


Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.