What documents are required for onboarding in Canada?

Article author
  • Updated

To successfully onboard an employee in Canada, we require the following documentation: 

  • A copy of the residence permit: If are neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident, a work permit will generally be required in order for you to be eligible to work in Canada. 
  • Proof of work eligibility: Social Insurance Number (SIN) document and one of work visa, passport copy, citizenship certificate or permanent resident card.
  • Bank account proof: voided check or pre-authorized debit form
  • TD1 Form: All employees must complete a TD1 British Columbia (BC) tax form since our entity is in BC. They may need to complete other tax forms at the end of the year depending on what province they live in. 

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.