The information below applies to Ukraine nationals only. For information on Russian nationals, please visit here.
For the period of martial law, male citizens of Ukraine between the ages of 18 to 60 years old are restricted from leaving the country.
There are some exceptions for individual who possess:
- certificate of recruitment deferral and message on enrollment to special military registration, or
- conclusion of military and medical commission on ineligibility
There additional exceptions for individuals who:
- have three or more children aged to 18 years old, or
- raise alone a child (children) aged to 18 years old, or
- are responsible for a child with disability.
And also to one, who is:
- an adopter
- a guardian, or
- whose immediate family members perished or disappeared during the antiterrorist operation.
Relocation Options for Ukranian Citizens
On the 3rd of March, 2022 the European Union (EU) voted to approve the Council Directive 2001/55/EC which will provide Ukrainian Citizens with the right to stay and access to the labour market in EU countries for 1 year. This is expected to be implemented in the coming days and details will be updated as they are confirmed.
Ukranians are able to relocate the following countries:
Article is closed for comments.