The below information applies to Russian nationals only. For information on Ukrainian nationals, please visit here.
Why are we recommending Georgia as the preferred option for Russian nationals seeking to leave Russia?
- Speed: We have evaluated visa routes to multiple countries in EMEA and the fastest option for Russian citizens to leave Russia is to enter Georgia, which is visa free.
- Processing Times - There is no processing time required. Russian nationals are eligible to live and work in Georgia for up to 1 year. After the expiry of 1-year period, to receive a longer residence permit, the employee will need to apply for the special type visa (D Visa).
- They must be holders of a valid Russian passport.
- They require an employment agreement in Georgia. If the employee already has an existing work arrangement with Remote prior to moving to Georgia, it will need to be ended in order for Remote to issue a Georgian employment agreement.
- They have to meet COVID-19 requirements before entering Georgia. Please check up to date COVID-19 requirements here.
"According to the Ordinance N.255 approved by the government of Georgia, citizens and stateless persons permanently residing in the Russian Federation may enter and stay in Georgia without a visa for 1 (one) full year. Citizens of the Russian Federation, who are staying in Georgia legally, may also apply for residence permit through the powers of the Legal Entities under Public Law (LEPL) within the Ministry of Justice of Georgia – LEPL Public Service Hall or LEPL Public Service Development Agency."