An off cycle payment is a one-off payment outside of the regular payroll run for that country. Depending on the country, we either operate a monthly or semi-monthly payroll run. We implemented an off cycle payroll run to make allowance for onboardings, incentives or expenses that are not completed before the payroll cutoff.
See also: What does the payroll cutoff mean?
In countries where we run a monthly payroll:
- The payroll cutoff is the 11th of the month.
- For most countries, when an employee is fully onboarded between the 12th-25th of the month, this automatically triggers an off cycle payroll run. This means that instead of getting paid at the end of the month, the employee will instead receive their first salary on the 10th of the following month at no extra cost.
- For employees onboarded between the 12th-25th of the month, if the customer wants the employee to be paid before the 10th of the following month, we can issue an off cycle payment at an additional cost as long as this is allowed in that country.
- The cost of off cycle payments differs per country.
- See also: Will an employee still get paid if they are onboarded after the payroll cutoff?
Expense Reimbursements & Incentives
- The payroll cutoff for approved expenses and incentives is the 11th of the month at 11:59PM UTC.
- The only exception to this rule is Germany where we have different payroll cutoff off dates each month. See also: Payroll cutoff dates for Germany (2022)
- If the deadline is missed, we can trigger an off cycle payroll run at a cost (payable by the customer) in order for payment to be made to the employee outside of the regular payroll cycle for that country.
- Not all countries allow off cycle payroll runs.
- The deadline for an employee to be enrolled in an off cycle payroll run is the 25th of the month at 11:59PM UTC.
- If an employee is enrolled in the off cycle payroll run, they will receive their expense reimbursement or incentive by the 10th of the following month.
- For example, an incentive is inputted on the platform on the 16th of June. Normally, in countries where we run a monthly payroll, this will be paid out by the end of July. At the request of the customer, we can include this in an off cycle payroll run instead (at a cost). If the client informs us to include this in the off cycle payroll run on or before the 25th of June, 11:59PM UTC, the employee will receive this incentive payment by 10th July instead of the end of July.
- For countries where we run a semi-monthly payroll, if the deadline is missed, at the request of the client, we can pay this out on the 15th of the following month. If it needs to be paid before the 15th of the following month, an off cycle cost will apply.