We will provide you a tax compliant invoice according to local legislation. VAT might apply according to local law.
If you are established in the EU (not in the Netherlands) and enter into an agreement with our Dutch Remote entity, the following applies:
- If you are a non-profit organization established in a EU country, we need to check your entrepreneur status and we’ll need to know if you are registered for VAT purposes or not. This will depend on your activities:
- If you have a valid EU VAT ID number (not a Dutch VAT ID number) we won’t charge VAT. You are, according to EU legislation, obliged to declare the transaction in your country of establishment under the so-called reverse charge mechanism.
- If you are not registered for VAT purposes, Remote has to charge Dutch VAT according to Dutch law. You are facing 21% additional costs over the total consideration you pay to Remote.
- If you file regular VAT returns, but your tax ID is not registered for cross-border transaction on the EU portal (VIES), you can easily apply for it.
- If you are established in the Netherlands and enter into an agreement with our Dutch Remote entity:
- We have to charge you 21% VAT in any case.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out at email@example.com and we will connect you to our tax experts to find the best solution for your situation.
Article is closed for comments.