When onboarding an employee in Canada:
- We cannot backdate employment agreements.
- The mandatory right to work (RTW) documentation need to be provided including Social Insurance Number (SIN) documentation.
- All full time employees must be offered benefits.
- Non-compete and non-solicitation clauses cannot be more than 12 months (due to enforceability reasons).
- Prior work done before the start date cannot be paid as a “sign-on bonus” unless reviewed by our Legal team first.
Article is closed for comments.