A company admin, or a user with a custom role granting this permission, can invite a people manager to the Remote platform and designate workers as their direct reports.
For the manager to access information and approve requests for an employee or contractor, the worker must be assigned to that manager.
There are two ways you can do this:
Option 1: Assign a manager to an employee
To do this:
- Go to the Team tab.
- Choose the employee or contractor you want to assign a specific company user to.
- Click on the Job section of the employee's profile.
- You will find the Manager field in the Employment section. Edit the field and choose the appropriate Manager. Only the company owner, company admins, people managers and customized role (with the right permissions) will appear in the drop-down list.
See also: Can I change a Company user's role?
- Choose the Manager for the employee and click on Save.
Note: If you want to assign a manager to the employee but the manager is not yet an admin, no problem! Answer a few questions and we’ll send an email inviting them to become one.
Option 2: Assign employee(s) to a manager
If someone is already an admin and you want to assign employees as their direct reports:
- Go to the Admins & Permissions tab.
- Next to the admin’s (manager’s) name, click the three dots icon.
- In the Reports section, click Add a report.
- Search for the employee’s name, and click Save.