Before you get started, you need to ensure you have administrator permissions in Hibob. This is required in order to complete the integration setup. Also please note, if you have changed any of the default section names in Hibob, the integration may not work for you.
This article will cover:
How to configure your Hibob integration
To configure your Hibob integration, you will need to create service credentials on Hibob including a user ID and token. To do this:
- Log in to Hibob at app.hibob.com with a user that has administration permissions.
- Create a Service User and get your user ID and token from Hibob.
- In the Hibob Settings tab, go to Integrations > Automation > Service Users.
- In the Service Users card, select Manage. Then, on the next screen, click the New Service User button.
- In the popup, enter a Service User Name and a Display Name (e.g. Remote integration), then click Save.
- After you click Save, you will see a pop up with your user ID and token. Copy and securely store these credentials in a handy place. DO NOT close the pop up window or abandon the page until you have securely stored your user ID and token.
- Create a Permission Group.
- In the Hibob Settings tab, go to Roles and Permissions > Add another group.
- In the Name Permission Group section, enter a name for your Permission Group (e.g. Remote integration).
- In the Select Who's In This Group section, click the Select button.
- In the Group members selector pop up window, go to the Add Specific Employees section. Open the drop down option for the Service Users. Check the box next to the Service User you created in step 2 and click the Apply button. Then click the Apply button on the Group members selector pop up window.
- In the Manage Permissions section, click on the Company tab.
- In the side panel, click on Settings, then on Employee Fields. Click on the red X icon next to “Manage Employee Field Settings.” After clicking on the red X, it should turn into a green checkmark.
- Stay in the Manage Permissions section on the Company tab. In the side panel, now click on People, then on Lists. Click on the red X icon next to "Edit all lists (sites, job titles, etc.)." After clicking on the red X, it should turn into a green checkmark.
- In the Manage Permissions section, click on the Other Employees tab. In the side panel, click on People.
- Within the following sections, ensure there is a gray checkmark next to each item:
- About > View selected employees' About sections
- Basic Info > View selected employees' Basic info sections
- Work > View selected employees' Work sections
- Work Contact Details > View selected employees' Work contact details sections
- Within the following sections, click on the red X icon next to each item. After clicking on the red X, it should turn into a green checkmark.
- Address > View selected employees' Address sections
- Employment > View selected employees' Employment sections
- Employment > View selected employees' Employment section histories
- Home > View selected employees' Home sections
- Identification > View selected employees' Identification sections
- Personal > View selected employees' Personal sections
- Personal Contact Details > View selected employees' Personal contact details sections
- User Data > View selected employees' User data sections
- In the Applies To section near the bottom of the page, choose Select by condition. Then click the Edit button that appears.
- Within the popup, select Lifecycle Status from the first drop down. Select exists from the second drop down. Click Apply.
- Select Save Changes. From the pop up window, review your changes and click the Apply button.
- Enter your user credentials.
- You will need to log into your Remote account. Once you're in your Remote account, go to the Integrations tab and click on Add from the Hibob integration card.
- In the Add the Hibob integration section, you’ll select Add integration. Or you can click the Add Hibob integration button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the user credentials copied in step 2 into your Remote account. Then click the continue button.
How to sync employee information
Now that your Hibob integration has been added, you can set up your accounts to sync employee information from Hibob to Remote. To do this:
- In the Hibob People tab, go to Directory. Select the employee you want to sync with Remote.
- On the employee's profile, scroll down to the Work section and click on the edit button on the top right corner of the section.
- In the Sync to Remote field, select either As employee or As contractor, then click Done.
- Repeat this step for all the employees you would like to sync to Remote.
Now, you can manually sync those profiles from Hibob to Remote. Click the Manual sync button within Remote to manually force updates to sync in Remote. That’s it! You successfully added the Hibob integration and synced Hibob profiles.
Please note that once set up, the integration automatically syncs all selected employees’ data regularly. If your changes have not synced in Remote after having completed the integration setup, you can use the manual sync button in Remote or wait a few minutes and then try reloading the screen.