When onboarding an employee in the United States:
- We cannot backdate employment agreements.
- The mandatory right to work (RTW) documentation need to be provided.
- Prior work done before the start date cannot be paid as a “sign-on bonus” unless reviewed by our Legal team first.
- The employee must have the acceptable legal documents necessary to certify their I-9 (Section 1 of the I-9 must be completed by their start date).
- Benefits must be offered to all US-based employees.
- Non-compete clauses longer than 12 months need to be reviewed by our Legal team first.
Article is closed for comments.