To successfully onboard an employee in India, we require the following documentation:
- Aadhar card (both front and back side)
- Permanent account number (PANCARD)
- Address proof (current address as well as permanent address)
- Scanned passport (bio page)
- Bank statement or cancelled check of bank account for salary credit
- Completion of the EPF (Employees Provident Fund) online
See also: How do I file the online e-Nomination for Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)?
The employee has to upload the following documents at a later date, but these are not a blocker for onboarding:
- “No Dues Certificate” & “Relieving letter” from previous employer.
- Form 12BB: Employees need to upload the 12BB form to both Remote and Geythr.com. After the employee signs their employment agreement, they will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 business days (after the payroll cutoff date on the 11th of the month). This email grants employees access to their portal, which you will use to declare investments and upload investment proofs.