Indian Provident Fund
Remote has enrolled with the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in India. As a result, we are required to deduct a portion of all Indian employees’ salaries for the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), and we are also required to match that amount for contribution to the EPF as your employer.
- What is the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF)?
- Is it mandatory for employees to enroll in the EPF?
- How does the 12% deduction for the employee EPF contribution happen?
- Can an employee make the 12% contribution to the EPF personally, in lieu of an automatic payslip deduction?
- Can an employee contribute more than 12% of their basic salary towards the EPF?
- If an employee already has an EPF account from previous employment, are they required to transfer their funds to Remote or create a new account?
- If an employee already has an EPF account from previous employment, does this mean the old employer maintains the account?
- What if I have an EPF account, but haven't contributed in a few years?
- What do I do if I can't remember my UAN number?