Tax Reporting (US Companies)
Stay on top of the relevant tax requirements for managing independent contractors compliantly.
- Does Remote collect tax documentation from contractors during onboarding?
- How to complete the W9, W8-BEN or W-8BEN-E tax form
- Is it mandatory to report what was paid to contractors?
- How do I view contractors' completed tax forms?
- Does Remote generate Forms 1099-NEC or 1042-S?
- What is Form 1042-S and who is responsible for completing this form?
- How are 1099-NEC Forms generated?
- What is Form 1099-NEC and who is responsible for completing this form?
- Does Remote automatically send out Form 1099-NEC to all contractors or only those who’ve earned more than $600?
- Why haven't I received Form 1099-NEC or 1042-S?
- Who is responsible for filing Forms 1099-NEC and 1042-S with the IRS?
- We haven’t collected tax forms or reported contractor payments before. Do we really need to start now?
- My company is not based in the US, but we have US-based contractors. Do we need to do anything?