Regulatory Changes to Parental Benefits and Child Leave
Changes to the Family Benefits Act will go into effect on 1 April 2022.
- What are the changes to parental benefits that will go into effect?
- How does an employee request parental leave (e.g., maternity, paternity or child leave)?
- What are the types of parental leaves and benefits in Estonia?
- When can an employee take maternity leave in Estonia and how does it affect parental benefits?
- How is the parental benefit affected if the mother and father of a child are on parental leave together for two months?
- Does the time spent on any of the types of parental leave count towards the annual holiday calculation?
- What are the guidelines regarding child leave and how does the number of children affect child leave?
- At what point is a parent entitled to child leave?
- Can child leave also be taken when the child is 14 years old?
- How long in advance should my employer be notified before I take child leave?
- Does the employer have to keep a record of how many days of child leave the employee has already used and how many days they are still entitled to use?
- What must an employer do when child leave is requested? Can an employer refuse to grant child leave to an employee?
- How will the child leave benefit be calculated under the new system?
- How many days of child leave will a parent be entitled to after the changes of 1 April?