In a nutshell, this is what you need to know:
- We support payments via ACH and wire transfers. Automated payments will be added soon! - The total cost of employment (TCE) and our fee will be issued on the 1st working day of the month. You will be billed in the local currency agreed in your MSA. For more info, visit
- Global Employment
- For employers
- What payment methods are available?
- Why am I being asked to set up a payment method?
- When will I be charged?
- Are there any additional payment fees?
- What currency will I be billed in?
- Can I change my billing currency?
- How about conversion rates?
- What should I expect on an employee's first invoice?
- For employees
- How will I get my salary?
- What currency will I receive my salary in?
- When will I get my salary?
- Why is my salary payment in the name of Remote?
- Do you want to know more?
What payment methods are available?
We currently support direct debits via ACH and wire transfer. Soon we will be releasing automated payments. Stay tuned!
Why am I being asked to set up a payment method?
We're continuously improving the Remote platform, and one of our upcoming features will be the ability to set up automatic payments for your invoices to Remote (coming soon!). To help you stay one step ahead, we're encouraging you to add your preferred payment details in Remote now so that you can take advantage as soon as this feature goes live. Payment method options include SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, and all major credit/debit cards.
When will I be charged?
We will issue the invoice in the 1st working day of the month.
Are there any additional payment fees?
No, we do not charge payment fees.
What currency will I be billed in?
You will select the billing currency during registration in Remote and will agree to it in the MSA. We handle everything related to converting to the local currency of your employee.
These are the billing currencies we support:
|Currency Name||Currency Code|
United States Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Can I change my billing currency?
Yes, it is possible to change your billing currency, but this will require an MSA amendment. To do this, please reach out to your assigned CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org to kickstart the process.
How about conversion rates?
We use the mid-market rate at the time of billing. This will be reflected in the invoice and present on the 1st page. It won't impact the employee's salary. It will always be the same amount on their side.
What should I expect on an employee's first invoice?
A new employee's first invoice will typically contain: Base salary + Benefits (if any) + Bonus (if any) + One Time Upfront Charge Deposit (this is 10% of yearly salary and is refundable at the end of the employee's contract) + Social contributions + Remote's Management fee.
How will I get my salary?
We use local bank transfers when possible to transfer your salary to you. If local bank transfers are not available to us in your country and your local currency, you will receive your salary via international wire transfer (SWIFT).
In general, the following applies:
- If your local currency is Euro (EUR) and your bank account has access to SEPA, you will receive it via SEPA.
- If your local currency is any other than Euro, you will receive your salary via local bank transfer or international wire transfer (SWIFT).
- If your local currency is US Dollar (USD), you will receive it via US domestic wire transfer or ACH.
What currency will I receive my salary in?
You will receive your salary in the local currency that your contract is denominated in. If you are already an employee through Remote, your account has these details.
When will I get my salary?
We process bank transfers for salaries on the 25th of each month. If the 25th does not fall on a business day, we will send the bank transfers the next business day or the business day before the 25th.
When you receive the bank transfer with the salary from us depends on what payout method is used. In general, this is the estimated time it takes for the money to arrive to your bank account:
- US ACH: same-day
- US wire transfer: 1-3 business days
- SEPA: 1-3 business days
- Local bank transfer: 0-3 business days
Note: the above are estimates and there are a number of factors we do not have control over that may result in delays.
Why is my salary payment in the name of Remote?
Remote will be your local legal employer. It will be the name appearing in your payout details because we are your employer of record, and therefore every salary payment will be made by us.
Do you want to know more?
Want to learn more about employing with Remote? Speak to our team today: https://remote.com/contact-us