With this feature, Employers can invite multiple contractors at once to their Remote account rather than inviting them one by one.
How to invite multiple contractors
- Go to the
Onboardingtab and click on
Add new hire, then select
- To invite several contractors at once, click on
Invite multiple contractors.
- To make the process of inviting contractors easier, we recommend that you use our template by clicking on the
Download our CSV templatelink as it already contains the fields required to add multiple contractors at once.
- Populate the template with the contractors' information.
- When filling out the Country Code (alpha-3 code) field on the CSV template, ensure you use the dropdown provided the template. This will automatically fill in the appropriate country code.
- Once you're done filling out the template, export it as a CSV file.
- On the Remote platform, upload the CSV file then click on
See upload results.
- Next, we perform a file validation, so please ensure:
The CSV file is comma-separated and must contain the following fields in this order:
- Full name
- Email address
- Country code (alpha-3 code)
- Job title
- File must be a CSV file type
- Max file size is 20 MB
- Each field cannot be longer than 255 characters
- Email address must be a valid email address
- User's email cannot already exist on the platform
- Contractor payments must be supported in the selected country
- Once the file is uploaded, you can preview the results.
- The preview page is broken up into two sections:
- The errors table: From the expanded table view, you can hover over the field with an error to view the exact error message. You can export the errors table and make the necessary changes.
- The valid users table: From this table, you can search by email, filter by country name or delete rows.
- To proceed with inviting the contractors in the valid users table, click on
By clicking on
Invite nowthe invitation process will begin. Please note that this step cannot be reversed.
- You can track the progress of the invitations being sent. For invitations that fail, you can export them as a CSV file. To proceed with the successful invitations, click on
Continue. After this step, the contractors should receive a Remote invitation in the inbox.
- If you want to send contractor agreements, this has to be done individually after the contractor has completed their self enrollment.
See also: How to issue a contractor agreement after onboarding