As an employee hired through Remote, we've made it simple to request time off (PTO) for any type of leave.
This article will cover:
Requesting a full day off
- To request leave as an employee through Remote, go to the
Time offtab of your account.
- Click on the
Request time offbutton.
- Fill out the details of your leave and a document (optional) if needed.
- Once your request has been submitted, you can find it in the
Pendingtab until it is approved.
- Until your time off is approved, you still have an opportunity to make changes.
- When your time off is approved, you will receive an email notification. From your dashboard, you can also see who approved your leave.
See also: How will I know who approved my time off?
See also: What do the time-off statuses mean?
How to request less than a day off
Time off on Remote is based on an 8-hour workday. If you need to request less than a full day off, you can adjust the exact number of hours you need to take off before submitting your request.
Note: It is also possible to vary the number of hours off you need over a couple of days. For example, if you need to take 3 hours of paid time off (PTO) over 2 days and 5 hours of paid time off (PTO) over 3 days, it is possible to do this in one request rather than creating multiple requests.
That's it! You have submitted a request for time off. Now you have to wait for your manager to review and approve your request. Time off requests are not approved/declined by Remote.
Learn more: Approving time-off requests
Unpaid leave and public holidays
On the Remote platform, you can request unpaid leave. This means that once it is approved, it will be deducted from your payslip at the end of the month.
As an employee employed through Remote's local entities, you are entitled to request time off during public holidays. When adding the Time off request, all you need to do is choose the Public Holiday leave type. Public holidays do not affect your outstanding leave balance or pay in any way.