On Remote, it is possible for you to pay incentives such as commissions, bonuses, stipends, allowances, and other one-time payments to employees outside of their salary. You can make one-time payments to any employee or schedule future payments for an employee in seconds within Remote. You can schedule payments, edit or delete incentives within Remote until the 11th, 11:59PM UTC of the effective payroll month.
This article will cover:
How to set up an incentive payment
- To input an incentive, go to the
- Click on the
Add incentive paybutton on the right-hand side and input the incentive details. You can also choose if the amount to be paid out should be the gross or net amount.
- If you want the incentive to be paid out in the same month you're making the request, the effective date chosen has to be on or before the 11th of the month. If you choose an effective date after the 11th of the month, we will process it in the following or subsequent months, depending on the month chosen. From the modal, you can use the underlined text as guidance to confirm when the employee will receive the incentive.
Reoccurring incentive payments
- If you'd like to pay out a recurring incentive to an employee while filling out the incentive details, as shown above, click on
- By choosing
Monthly, you will be able to set an end date or the number of times you want the incentives paid out.
- If you prefer the recurring incentive to be effective at a future date, you can indicate what month you want payout to start and how many times you want it paid out.
Adjusting incentive payments
- You can edit or delete incentive payments within Remote until the 11th, 11:59PM UTC of the effective payroll month. After the 11th, you will not be able to make changes to incentives scheduled for that month’s payroll.
- From your Incentives tab, you are able to view all upcoming incentives, the ones that have been paid out and those that have been canceled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.