On Remote, we have made it possible for you to pay incentives such as commissions, bonuses, stipends, allowances, and other one-time payments to employees outside of their salary. You can make one-time payments to any employee or schedule future payments for an employee in seconds within Remote. You can schedule payments, edit or delete incentives within Remote until the 10th of the effective payroll month.
This article will cover:
- What incentive payments can be paid out
- How to set up an incentive payment
- Reoccurring incentive payments
- Adjusting incentive payments
What incentive payments can be paid out
When adding an incentive on the Remote platform, you can add any of the following: a bonus, commission, allowance, stipend, or other. The “other” selection can be used to pay employees for unused time off reimbursements, referral rewards, and other incentives unique to your organization.
How to set up an incentive payment
- To input an incentive, go to the
- Click on the
Add incentive paybutton on the right-hand side and input the incentive details. You can also choose if the amount to be paid out should be the gross or net amount.
Reoccurring incentive payments
- If you'd like to pay out a recurring incentive to an employee while filling out the incentive details, as shown above, click on
- By choosing
Monthly, you will be able to set an end date or the number of times you want the incentives paid out.
Adjusting incentive payments
- You can edit or delete incentive payments within Remote until the 10th of the effective payroll month. After the 10th, you will not be able to make changes to incentives scheduled for that month’s payroll.
- From your Incentives tab, you are able to view all upcoming incentives, the ones that have been paid out and those that have been canceled.