On Remote, it is possible for you to pay incentives such as commissions, bonuses, stipends, allowances, and other one-time payments to employees outside of their salary. You can make one-time payments to any employee or schedule future payments for an employee in seconds within Remote. You can schedule payments, edit or delete incentives within Remote until the 11th, 11:59PM UTC of the effective payroll month.
This article will cover:
- What incentive payments can be paid out
- How to set up an incentive payment
- Reoccurring incentive payments
- Adjusting incentive payments
What incentive payments can be paid out
When adding an incentive on the Remote platform, you can add any of the following: a bonus, commission, allowance, stipend, or other. The “other” selection can be used to pay employees for unused time off reimbursements, referral rewards, and other incentives unique to your organization.
How to set up an incentive payment
- To input an incentive, go to the
- Click on the
Add incentive paybutton on the right-hand side and input the incentive details. You can also choose if the amount to be paid out should be the gross or net amount.
Reoccurring incentive payments
- If you'd like to pay out a recurring incentive to an employee while filling out the incentive details, as shown above, click on
- By choosing
Monthly, you will be able to set an end date or the number of times you want the incentives paid out.
- If you prefer the recurring incentive to be effective at a future date, you can indicate what month you want payout to start and how many times you want it paid out.
Adjusting incentive payments
- You can edit or delete incentive payments within Remote until the 11th, 11:59PM UTC of the effective payroll month. After the 11th, you will not be able to make changes to incentives scheduled for that month’s payroll.
- From your Incentives tab, you are able to view all upcoming incentives, the ones that have been paid out and those that have been canceled.