When an employee submits expenses, they are sent to your team to approve. The company users with the right permissions can review an employee's expense requests. People managers can only view and approve the expenses of the team members assigned to them.
When an employee submits a new expense, you will get an email notification; and from your Remote dashboard, you will also see a notification about it. At the moment, it is not possible to configure the email notifications, so they only go (or not at all) to specific company admins.
In this article, we cover the following:
- Review expenses
- Approve multiple expenses
- Approved expenses
- Export expense details (Direct employees)
- From the
Expensestab, you get an overview of all the expenses that have been submitted for reimbursement.
- You can filter to view expenses from Direct employees, Contractors, or EOR employees. Just click
Filterand select from the
- When you click on the 3 dots icon, you can view the expense details.
- If the details are satisfactory, click on
Approve multiple expenses
If you have multiple expenses to approve, you can choose to bulk approve them rather than approve them individually.
- When an expense is approved, the status changes to
Approvedand it moves to the Approved section.
- For employees hired via Remote’s entities, expenses will be paid in the same month’s payroll run if submitted and approved before the payroll cutoff date of a given month. If it is approved after the payroll cutoff date for a particular month, it will be paid out in the following month.
See also: When is the payroll cutoff?
Note: An exception in the cutoff is made for Bulgaria, Germany, and countries where we have a semi-monthly payroll. In Bulgaria, the payroll cutoff date is on the 1st of the month, different from the usual 11th, while the payroll cutoff in Germany varies from month to month.
Export expense details (Direct employees)
For Direct employees hired via your own entities, you can export expense details from Remote. This makes it easy to import information into other platforms you may use, or provide to your payroll partner.
To export expense requests only from Direct employees:
- View the
Approvedtab and filter the
Employment typedropdown to ‘Direct employees’. You can also filter by status
Approvedand any date range.
- Click the expense icon. You’ll then be able to select all columns, or export only the specific columns you’d like to include.
To keep Remote up-to-date, don’t forget to update the status of Direct employee expenses to
Reimbursed. This will also update the status that your employees see when they view their submitted expenses.