We've made it easier for you to make payment for your invoices by introducing additional payment methods like SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, and all major credit/debit cards. Direct debit will show up as an option only if your billing currency is USD or EUR.
This article will cover the following:
- Setting up ACH direct debit through Trustly
- Setting up ACH direct debit manually
- Setting up SEPA direct debit
- Setting up credit/debit cards
Setting up ACH direct debit directly through Trustly
You can set up a payment method from the Payment methods tab on Remote. When setting up ACH direct debit you can choose to use our verification partner, Trustly to set it up as this is the fastest way. From the Remote platform:
- Click on
- Click on the
Add payment methodbutton on the right.
ACH Direct Debit. You will be prompted to choose your bank from the list and sign into your bank.
Note: If you cannot find your bank on the list, the ACH direct debit will have to be set up manually. To do this, please reach out to our User Happiness team at email@example.com.
- Choose the bank account you want linked to ACH direct debit and review the details. If the details are correct, click on
Confirm & Deposit. We will deposit two small payments into this account.
- It will take about 1-2 days for the deposits to appear on your bank statement. Once you have this information, go to the
Payment methodstab to verify your bank account by confirming the deposits.
- Once you have confirmed the deposit, you will be asked to authorize Remote to pull the payment from your account when the invoice is due.
See also: Does Remote support automated invoice payments?
- You're all set! 🎉
Setting up ACH direct debit manually
We've introduced the manual verification option because Trustly doesn't support all banks. If your bank is not on the list, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the manual verification process. It's important to note that the entire process can take 1-2 business days. Once the manual verification has been enable for your account:
- Go to
- Click on
ACH Direct Debit. You will see an option to enter in your details manually.
Setting up SEPA direct debit
Our customers who have their billing currency set to EUR have the option of setting up SEPA direct debit as an option. When you choose SEPA direct debit, you will be prompted to fill out your account information.
- Where can I find the SEPA direct debit mandate?
- What is the creditor ID for SEPA or ACH Direct Debit setup?
Setting up credit/debit cards
For customers who do not have EUR or USD as a billing option, they are able to set up their credit/debit card as a payment method. With this payment method, it is important to note that you will incur a 3% processing fee.
See also: How to set a default payment method