On Remote, there are six types of company roles by default and their permissions cannot be customized. Instead, it is possible to create a customized role.
See also: How to create a customized role for a company user
Types of default company roles
- Owner: The user who creates the company account on Remote. This person has access to the entire Remote platform. There can be only one company owner.
- Admin: An admin can take almost all actions that the company owner can take. Actions include inviting, updating team members to the company account, and removing team members from Remote. Company admins can also see the personal information of team members and update the company account's account preferences. This role is suited for founders and members of the tech ops team.
- Onboarding Manager: An onboarding manager can see the Onboarding tab and the employees therein. They can take several actions on the Onboarding page including adding new hires, but they cannot view any other information on Remote.
- People Manager: A People Manager is assigned to the team members they handle. With this role, they can view the profiles of their direct reports, such as their basic information, emergency contact and employment and contract details. People Managers also manage, approve or decline time off & expenses of their direct reports.
See also: How to assign a People Manager to specific employees
- Viewer: A viewer can view all the information that an admin can, but cannot edit any of it. This role is suited for members of your finance and accounting teams. It can also work for HR team members who need access to HR information but do not need to edit it/ add employees & contractors.
- Unassigned: This happens when no role is assigned to a company user. While they can create an account, they do not have access to any of the company's information.
See also: What can the different company users do on Remote?
A company user can be linked to a specific assignment. On the Remote platform, we have two types of assignments and it is not compulsory for every company user to have an assignment.
- Authorized Representative: The company user with written authorization to sign legal agreements on behalf of the company. There can be only one authorized representative. When an authorized representative is added to Remote, they are automatically made a company admin.
- Billing Contact: The company user responsible for all billing-related topics such as invoices, payments. The billing contact can be assigned to more than one user. This person will also receive an email notification when a new invoice is uploaded.
Article is closed for comments.