As an employee, if you are required to track your hours worked in Remote, you should record this information on the Remote platform.
You can choose to enter your hours worked whenever it’s easier for you — for example, at the end of each day (what you record gets saved automatically) or week — but you should always submit the hours at the end of each week.
In this article, we will cover the following:
- How to submit hours worked
- How to register on call hours or overtime
- Submitting your timesheet
- Request changes to a submitted timesheet
How to submit hours worked
To enter and submit your hours worked:
On your Remote dashboard, click on the Time tracking tab.
For each block of time worked:
- Find the correct date (e.g. Monday, May 1).
- Enter a start time and an end time. Note: The platform pre-fills a start time of 9:00am and an end time of 5:00pm (17:00); you are responsible for changing these times to the hours you worked, if applicable.
- Select the type of hours (e.g. regular hours, overtime hours, on-call hours, break time)
- Optional: Add any notes about these hours.
If applicable, you can add multiple time blocks per day by clicking the Add hours button.
At the end of the week, ensure all hours are entered correctly and click Submit time. Please note that once you submit your timesheet, you will no longer be able to edit it.
How to register on call hours or overtime
You can track time that requires extra compensation — such as overtime or on-call hours — by making the correct selection from the drop-down menu.
- If your timesheet only includes regular hours, it will go directly to the Remote Payroll team.
- If your timesheet includes extra compensation — such as overtime or on-call hours — it will be sent to your manager for approval before being sent to the Remote Payroll team.
Remote currently only allows the tracking of regular hours, overtime hours, or on-call hours. It does not support tracking things like paid time off, sick leave, parental leave, or public holidays.
Submitting your timesheet
To ensure accurate payroll calculations and timely payouts, you should submit your hours worked on a weekly basis. When applicable, the Remote Payroll team relies on the timesheets you submit through the platform to calculate and pay out extra compensation.
For timesheets submitted after the payroll cutoff, any extra compensation will be pushed to the following payroll run.
See also: When is the payroll cutoff?
Request changes to a submitted timesheet
Once you submit a timesheet, you cannot make changes to it. If you notice an error, click on the contact us link on the right-hand side to put in a request.