Paying contractors through Remote is easy. We are able to process payments to contractors in 170+ countries and support payout in 64 currencies.
This article covers the following topics:
- Contractor invoicing flow
- How to review contractors' invoices
- How to set up a payment method
- Invoicing currency
- How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- How long each payment method takes
Contractor invoicing flow
This is how it works: Your contractors submit invoices through Remote which you need to review and approve. We issue a payment request to you which contains the sum of all your contractors' invoices. Once we receive the payment from you, we payout to your contractors. Instead of sending many payments to several contractors, you only make one payment to us and we handle the rest.
How to review contractors' invoices
Contractors' invoices will appear in the
Pay Contractors tab when logged into your Remote account. Here you can review the invoice amounts and decline or approve them. You also have the option of exporting the invoices you've received as a CSV file.
How to set up a payment method
See also: How to set up a payment method
Adding a payment method will allow you to process payment for your invoice faster and allow us to pay your contractors much quicker. On your Remote dashboard, you'll be able to set up any of the following payment methods: SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, or any major credit or debit card.
At Remote, we pay contractors in their preferred currency. We keep things streamlined for you by allowing your company to pay all your Remote invoices in just one currency as agreed in the Master Service Agreement (MSA). This means that if the currency you pay to Remote is different from the currency the contractor chooses to get paid in, Remote uses Wise to make the conversion.
How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- Once you have set up a payment method, go to the
Pay Contractorstab on the Remote platform.
- Select the contractor's invoice you would like to pay for.
- Once you have reviewed the invoice in Remote, you will be prompted to select your preferred payment method (if you have multiple set up) then you can approve and pay the invoice.
How long each payment method takes
- Wire Transfer: typically settled in the contractor's account in 2-6 business days.
- ACH and SEPA: typically settled in the contractor's account in 6 to 9 business days.
- Cards: typically settled in the contractor's account 2-4 business days.
Once we receive the payment from you, we make payment to your contractors.