Paying contractors through Remote is easy as we have made it possible to automate the approval and payment of contractors' invoices.
This article covers the following topics:
- Contractor invoicing flow
- How to review contractors' invoices
- How to set up a payment method
- How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- Contractor invoice payment via bank transfer
- How long each payment method takes
Contractor invoicing flow
This is how it works: Your contractors submit invoices through Remote which you need to review and approve. Contractors can choose which currency to invoice in, this is dependent on their withdrawal method currency or the billing currency that you have set for your company on Remote.
You will see the list of all outstanding invoices in the Contractor Invoices tab, with the actual invoice amount and the billed amount. To reduce ambiguity around incorrect FX conversions and currency challenges, we’ve ensured that you and your contractors have complete visibility into how invoices are processed and calculated.
We issue a payment request to you which contains the sum of all your approved contractors' invoices. Once we receive the payment from you, we pay out to your contractors. Instead of sending multiple payments to several contractors, you only make one payment to us and we handle the rest.
For automatic payments to contractors, once set up, no approval process is involved.
How to review contractors' invoices
Contractors' invoices that have not yet been approved/declined will always appear in the Contractor Invoices tab. Here you can review the invoice amounts and decline or approve them. You also have the option of exporting the invoices you've received as a CSV file.
See also: Why can't I pay contractors yet?
How to set up a payment method
See also: How to set up a payment method
A payment method is the means through which you make payment to Remote for invoices. While adding a payment method is not mandatory (you can still pay via bank transfer) it will allow you to process payment for your invoice faster and allow us to pay your contractors much quicker. On your Remote dashboard, you'll be able to set up any of the following payment methods: SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, or any major credit or debit card.
How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- Once you have set up a payment method, go to the
- Select the contractor's invoice you would like to pay for in the
- Once you have reviewed the invoice, you will be prompted to select your preferred payment method (if you have multiple set up).
- To proceed to the payment page, click on
Continue to payment.
- If you choose to pay via ACH direct debit, SEPA direct debit, or credit/debit cards, once you approve the invoices, you will be prompted to make payment immediately.
- Once the invoice has been paid, it will be moved to the
Billingtab with the status
Contractor invoice payment via bank transfer
- You can review contractors' invoices from the
- Choose the
Pay with Bank Transferpayment method.
- Once you click on
Agree and continue to paymemt, the payment details will be generated for you to make a transfer.
- If you're not ready to make the transfer just yet, you can always retrieve the invoice and payment details from the Billing tab.
- It's important that if you're making payment via bank transfer, that you approve the contractors' invoices (by following the steps above) before sending the funds to Remote.
How long each payment method takes
- Bank Transfer: typically settled in the contractor's account in 2-6 business days.
- ACH and SEPA: typically settled in the contractor's account in 6 to 9 business days.
- Cards: typically settled in the contractor's account 2-4 business days.
Once we receive the payment from you, we make payment to your contractors.