Paying contractors through Remote is easy. We are able to process payments to contractors in 170+ countries and support payout in 65 currencies.
This article covers the following topics:
- Contractor invoicing flow
- How to review contractors' invoices
- How to set up a payment method
- How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- Contractor invoice payment via bank transfer
- How long each payment method takes
Contractor invoicing flow
This is how it works: Your contractors submit invoices through Remote which you need to review and approve. We issue a payment request to you which contains the sum of all your approved contractors' invoices. Once we receive the payment from you, we payout to your contractors. Instead of sending multiple payments to several contractors, you only make one payment to us and we handle the rest.
How to review contractors' invoices
Contractors' invoices that have not yet been approved/declined will always appear in the
Pay Contractors tab. Here you can review the invoice amounts and decline or approve them. You also have the option of exporting the invoices you've received as a CSV file.
How to set up a payment method
See also: How to set up a payment method
While adding a payment method is not mandatory (you can still pay via bank transfer) it will allow you to process payment for your invoice faster and allow us to pay your contractors much quicker. On your Remote dashboard, you'll be able to set up any of the following payment methods: SEPA direct debit, ACH direct debit, or any major credit or debit card.
How to approve and pay contractors' invoices
- Once you have set up a payment method, go to the
- Select the contractor's invoice you would like to pay for.
- Once you have reviewed the invoice, you will be prompted to select your preferred payment method (if you have multiple set up).
- You can then approve and make payment for the invoice.
- If you choose to pay via ACH direct debit, SEPA direct debit or credit/debit cards, once you approve the invoices, you will be prompted to make payment immediately.
- Once the invoice has been paid, it will be moved to the
Billingtab with the status
Contractor invoice payment via bank transfer
- You can review contractors' invoices from the
- Choose the
Bank Transferpayment method.
- Once you click on
Confirm and finish, the payment details will be generated for you to make a transfer.
- If you're not ready to make the transfer just yet, you can always retrieve the invoice and payment details from the Billing tab.
How long each payment method takes
- Bank Transfer: typically settled in the contractor's account in 2-6 business days.
- ACH and SEPA: typically settled in the contractor's account in 6 to 9 business days.
- Cards: typically settled in the contractor's account 2-4 business days.
Once we receive the payment from you, we make payment to your contractors.